LTMS PTO Officer and Committee Descriptions
In addition to attending all PTO meetings of the Executive Board and of the General Membership, responsibilities include:
- Preside at all organization meetings and serve as the primary liaison with the principal.
- Coordinate the work of the officers and committees and serve as an ex-officio member of all committees except the Nominating and Audit committees.
- Preside at meetings in absence of the president.
- Assume the office of president for the unexpired term in the event vacancy.
- Organize the timing, content and assembly of information for packets that are distributed first day of school and Round Up documents
- Record the minutes of all meetings.
- Be responsible for correspondence and all records of the organization.
- Maintain custody of organization funds and make disbursements as approved.
- Present a financial report at meetings.
- Keep books of account and records and present to the audit committee.
Grade Level Representatives for 6th, 7th, and 8th
- Act as liaison and facilitate communication between members and the board.
- Plan and execute activities on behalf of the students of each grade level:
7th Grade – May Day and support social awareness project/field trip.
8th Grade – End of the year party and support 8th-to-9th grade transition.
STANDING COMMITTEE CHAIRPERSONS
Chairpersons are appointed, year-round commitments and, in addition to attending all PTO meetings of the Executive Board and of the General Membership, are responsible for:
- Collect and write news articles to publish in the weekly Knightly News and Facebook..
- Work closely with website chair and administration for marquee/PA announcements.
- Support board, chairs and teachers with special e-News requests, as needed.
- Oversee all fundraising activities including business sponsorships, summer reading book sale, spirit wear designs and No Hassle Fundraising campaign including communications, incentives, and annual tax receipt.
- Coordinate annual membership drive and maintain list of current members.
- Promote the PTO, cultivate new members, and facilitate communication between members and the board.
Chairpersons are appointed and, in addition to attending all PTO meetings of the General Membership and meetings of the Executive Board as required, are responsible for:
Campus Beautification (year round)
- Coordinate maintenance and beautification of front of school plant beds.
Character Education (year round)
- Support school implementation of Olweus Bullying Prevention Program (OBPP) as PTO liaison.
- Coordinate parent committee and any other activities, programs or presentations in support of OBPP.
Dads In Service (year round)
- Coordinate fathers to volunteer on campus approximately once a month and take students outside for games and physical activity during the student lunches.
Knights in Service (year round)
- Support Principal and NJHS sponsor with tabulation of student volunteer hours.
Library-Book Fair (year round)
- Coordinate volunteers to work the Fall and Spring book fairs.
- Assist librarian with Lone Star Book Program and other volunteer needs.
Lost & Found (year round)
- Maintaining an orderly and neat lost and found area in the cafeteria (weekly).
- Check every lost or found item for student's name and work with front office receptionist to return the item to the student(s).
- Periodically walk through all grade houses for lost and found personal place in the cafeteria lost and found area if the items have no name.
- Responsible for donating all lost and found items at Winter Break and the end of the school year to a local community donation station.
Roundup (May – Aug)
- Organize Round-Up before the start of school, where parents and students pick up schedules, books, lockers, planners, spirit-wear and pre-ordered supplies.
School Store (year round)
- Order and maintain store inventory, including holiday items.
- Maintain financial records and prepare weekly deposits throughout the year.
- Organize volunteers to work the store before school and lunchtime.
- Help with sales and distribution of extra school supplies.
School Supplies (early Spring - Aug)
- Coordinate order collection and distribution of pre-ordered school supplies.
- Set up and coordination of school supplies stations at Round Up.
Staff Appreciation (year round)
- Coordinate monthly events for all staff including back to school breakfast, curriculum night dinner, STAAR testing week treat, and teacher appreciation week.
Volunteers (year round)
- Maintain list of volunteer contact information and coordinate volunteer needs with PTO chairpersons and school.
- Contact volunteers for PTO and school activities as needed.
Website (year round)
- Maintain PTO website with updated information about PTO activities and events.
- Coordinate with Communications Chair, as necessary, to keep website current.
Welcoming (aka Newcomers & Hospitality) (year round)
- Support Staff Appreciation Committee with a welcome-back-to-school treat for staff.
- Provide refreshments at the Principal coffee the first week of school.